After VERY careful consideration and many discussions, we have made the VERY DIFFICULT decision to cancel this year's show. In addition to sponsorship and helpers being thin on the ground at this time, the recent bad weather and the long range forecast means we cannot guarantee that the showground can be prepared to the required standard. The health and safety of our competitors is of paramount importance and with the location of the showground, we have more concerns than other outdoor shows held on grass. We hope that with the decision being made sooner rather than later, the disappointment will be slightly less than cancelling at the last minute.
We sincerely hope that next year's weather will resemble a more normal pattern, but we may consider an alternative venue that is not on river meadow!
For those of you that still have trophies to return from last year (or previous years for that matter), can you please ensure these are still returned as normal. This will also give us the chance to repair and replace any that need attention. As trophies often come back late, we do not usually have the opportunity to do this. All trophies have details for return on their labels, but alternative arrangements can be made to drop off/collect them, so please get in touch as soon as possible.
Please keep everything crossed for better ground conditions next year! If you would like to get in early with sponsorship or offers of help for next year, we would love to hear from you.
Thank you all and we hope you understand and respect our reasoning behind this very difficult decision.